Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lighting Pt 2 (Fashion Photography): Printing Composition: Clothing Print

To start out with this picture, I used the same settings as the contact sheet, but after several test strips I reduced the time. Aperture: 5.6 Filter: 3 Time: 4-18 Then I continued adding time, leaving the other settings the same.

Aperture: 5.6 Filter: 3 Time: 25 + 5... Then I closed my aperture to 16 and took out the filter, then reduced the time.

Aperture: 16 Filter: 0 Time: 14 + 2... It was still too light, so I did another test strip at longer times.

Aperture: 16 Filter: 0 Time: 24-40 I then did a full print at 36 seconds with the different kind of paper, since I had been using the glossy paper.

Aperture: 16 Filter: 0 Time: 36 This was still too light, so I tried another print at 42 seconds.

Aperture: 16 Filter: 0 Time: 42

I then did another print at 42, but with an aperture of 11.

Aperture: 11

Filter: 0

Time: 42

Then I tried another print with an aperture of 8 to try to get some black in the picture. I had another print at at 42 seconds with an 8 aperture, but that was still too dark so I reduced the time.

Aperture: 8 Filter: 0 Time: 38

Then, instead of doing more failed full prints, I did a test strip to fidn the right time for these settings.

Aperture: 8 Filter: 0 Time: 20 + 2...

I then did a print at the highest time on the test strip, 34 seconds.

Aperture: 8 Filter: 0 Time: 34 I did my A3 print at these settings, with the time doubled to account for the size.

Aperture: 8 Filter: 0 Time: 68

No comments: