Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lighting Pt. 1: Printing Composition: Still Life

For my still life pictures, I decided to use the vase of flowers as my soft lit image and the chemicals as my hard lit. However, I liked all of them and had a hard time deciding which to use.
Aperture: 4
Filter: 0
Time: 15 seconds
Still Life: Chemicals
To begin, I did this test strip at the same settings as the contact sheet, only with a range of times.
Aperture: 4
Filter: 0
Time: 14, 15, 16 seconds
Next I tried a full print at 15 seconds. Aperture: 4 Filter: 0 Time: 15 seconds

The previous full print seemed a bit too dark at the bottom at 15 seconds, so I reduced the time to 13 seconds, leaving the rest of the settings the same. This fixed the problem, so I left that as my final print.

Aperture: 4

Filter: 0

Time: 13 seconds

Still Life- FlowersTo begin, I did this test strip at 13, 14, 15, and 16 seconds, and left the rest of the settings the same as the contact sheet. Aperture: 4 Filter: 0 Time: 13, 14, 15, 16 seconds.I then did my full print at 15 seconds. It initially seemed a bit dark like the chemical print, so I tried another full print at 13 seconds to compare. I decided on the 15 second print as my final. [Above] Aperture: 4 Filter: 0 Time: 13 seconds [Below, final print] Aperture: 4 Filter: 0 Time: 15 seconds

No comments: