Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lighting Pt. 3 (Fashion- Hair): Diary Entry

This was a succesful project for me in general. Although my settings could have been better, I certainly had it easier than a lot of other people in the class. My prints were gray, but other than that turned out nicely. For the majority of the project, the darkroom was fairly empty, which is really relaxing. I'm really proud of my compositions also. For some reason I never felt stressed out in this project. I never felt like I didn't have enough time even when other people were freaking out, which was kind of nice. I never felt concerned about the time limit on this project, and getting the extension made it even more leisurely. Although I didn't actually finish until the last class before the project was due, I still wasn't worried. It was also nice reshooting midway through the project. It was stressful trying to find a model, but when I finally shot Josh and Almu it was nicer anyway. It was intimate and I had more control over the situation, as well as being able to tell them exactly what I wanted. I think it was overall a more positive experience than being in the shoot with all of the class.

No comments: