Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lighting Pt. 3 (fashion- hair): Image Bank

This is a photo by Ted Szukalski. He is a Polish amateur photographer living in Australia. He likes to take candid photos of people in everyday life. His "day job" is writing internet programs for an Australian company. He has a wife, 2 kids, a dog, and a cat. I chose this picture for the same reason he chose to photograph her- her hair. Her style is very eye ctaching, and her hair only adds to this. I love her pose and the contrast of her unique style with the drab background. I chose this picture by David Byun because I love the way the model's hair flows behind her and the serene tone of the entire picure. However, I couldn't find a bio on him. :(
I chose this picture because it caught my eye. the stark contrast between the black and white really adds to the desolate mood. I don't know if it's the lighting, photo quality, or what, but the light gray and black scheme of the photo adds so much to the intended mood. This picture was taken by Alfred Eisenstaedt. He became famous for his work at LIFE magazine. He began working there in its beginnings and had over 2500 assignments for LIFE. He has recieved many awards and published several books of his photography and otherwise. Many museums have also displayed his photography. He is known as the "father of photojournalism." He was born in 1898.

No comments: